Rose Poivrée Scented Candle by Cire Trudon The bouquet of fresh and lush roses evokes Marie Antoinette’s love of the flower.
A hint of Tuscan black pepper at the heart of the rose delivers subtle, unexpected harmony. The special edition Rose Poivrée, candle was created by Cire Trudon in partnership with designer Giambattista Valli to celebrate the 2010 opening of his first store on rue Boissy d’Anglas in Paris.
Top notes: Lily of the Valley, Madagascar Pepper, Tangerine
Middle: Rose, Palmarosa, Amber
Base: Sandalwood, Musks
Giambattista Valli began his career in his home city of Rome, where he worked with some of the industry’s most renowned designers before launching his own fashion house in 2004. In 1997 Valli relocated to Paris, a city he had loved since his early years, where in 2004 he launched his first shop, on rue Boissy d’Anglas in the 8th arrondissement. Valli has been celebrated by the international fashion community for creating feminine, romantic and dramatic dresses that experiment with proportion and volume. An aesthete at heart, Giambattista Valli finds inspiration in the scents of Cire Trudon; the maison’s candles can frequently be found burning in his studio. In 2010 he approached Cire Trudon to create a signature candle, Rose Poivrée, which was originally sold exclusively at his Paris boutique. Positano launched in 2014, and the two floral scents beautifully embody the essence of Giambattista Valli.
Due to its ancestral tradition, Maison Cire Trudon’s savoir-faire in wax and candle making remains unrivaled. Inventive and demanding, Maison Trudon mixes its inheritance legged from the masters of wax and its constant search for innovation to deliver the perfect waxes/products. La Maison Trudon holds the secret of its recipe: a special candle wax made with plants to create a unique paste and harmonized together to deliver the most exquisite perfume, and allowing a perfect and long-lasting combustion.
Its entirely natural virtues and the absence of any kind dangerous elements guarantee its impeccable quality and totally secure diffusion of perfumes.
Maison Cire Trudon’s glasses are unique and uncommon.
Each glass is handcrafted in Vinci, Italy. Puffed by mouth, these precious glasses preserve and emanate the exclusive fragrances of Maison Trudon. Each piece has its name engraved in golden letters.
The Cire Trudon candles and home perfumes are the height of French luxury.
See all Cire Trudon candles and home fragrances
1. In order to get the most out of your candle, burn it until the entire surface of the candle melts.
2. To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle for more than 3 hours at a time during the first third of the candle 1 to 2 hours at a time during the remaining.
3. Do not leave candle burning unattended. Do not set in a draft. Keep away from children, curtains and pets.
4. Should the wick require centering, gently readjust to correct position when the wax is still molten. Allow candle to solidify before relighting.
5. Should any black smoke appear, trim the wick. It should be clean and no longer than 6 mm at all times.
6. Always protect the table or surface on which the candle rests (with a coaster or plate, for example).
7. Do not burn your candle all the way down. Always leave at least 5 mm of non-molten wax at the bottom.