From the Persian yâsamîn, this musky-scented flower from India grows on a bush of the Oleaceae family. White jasmine, or “officina” is the variety most commonly used in perfumery.
A splendid Gift Set for Valentine's Day with a travel candle for free.
In 1884, Carrière Frères was founded by the erudite and entrepreneurial Carrière brothers. Well-versed in 18th century wax craftsmanship, yet passionate about patents and new inventions, they set out to reinvent the candle-making process. It was the dawn of the Industrial Revolution, the perfect moment for them to modernize the manufacturing secrets of their ancestors and produce a new generation of candles, including long-burning “night lights.” Carrière Frères was awarded a gold medal at the 1889 Universal Exposition and became the official wax supplier to the Basilica of Sacré-Coeur in Paris. Carrière Frères candles feature a unique wax formula that allows for a clean and even burn. Inspired by the indomitable spirit of scientific discovery, Carrière Frères now explores the world of scents.
Carrière Frères candles come in a range of singular scents inspired by exotic or indigenous oils that fascinated the botanists and explorers of the 18th century. When melted, the wax releases the poetic “language of flowers and nature” thanks to finest quality ingredients.
Wicks are weaved with pure cotton. They are placed and secured in each vessel by hand. Because every essential oil burns at a different temperature, each fragrance is paired with its own specially woven wick for an optimal burn.
Every ingredient of the Carrière Frères formula is weighed and melted, with the perfume blended in at the last instance. Candles are then hand-poured; each holds 6.7 oz. of scented wax.
Every fragrance is created and produced in the region of Grasse, the world capital of perfumery.
The glass is white-lacquered by a specialist.
See all Carrière Frères candles
1. In order to get the most out of your candle, burn it until the entire surface of the candle melts.
2. To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle for more than 3 hours at a time during the first third of the candle 1 to 2 hours at a time during the remaining.
3. Do not leave candle burning unattended. Do not set in a draft. Keep away from children, curtains and pets.
4. Should the wick require centering, gently readjust to correct position when the wax is still molten. Allow candle to solidify before relighting.
5. Should any black smoke appear, trim the wick. It should be clean and no longer than 6 mm at all times.
6. Always protect the table or surface on which the candle rests (with a coaster or plate, for example).
7. Do not burn your candle all the way down. Always leave at least 5 mm of non-molten wax at the bottom.