Limited Edition: Ambra Nera Gattopardo Candle by Ortigia
A hand-made gattopardo glass with pale green wax, rich with its musky amber and spice perfume. The leopard glass creates a stunning effect as it burns.
Recreate the scents of Sicily with Ortigia perfume. The base of all Ortigia products is natural perfume and natural ingredients.
- Weight 260g
- Dimensions 12 x 11cm
- The candle burns 75-80 hours
Ortigia is an Italian company founded in Sicily in 2006. The luxurious range of candles and home fragrances are formulated using natural products indigenous to Sicily and inspired by the aesthetics, colours and scents of Italy’s most historic and tropical region.
The name Ortigia comes from the small island that lies at the edge of the ancient fortified city of Siracusa, on Sicily’s southeastern coast. The streets of Ortigia are crumbling baroque façades of great splendour looking out on 3 sides to the sea. A fragrant escape.
See all Ortigia candles and home fragrances
1. Trim the wicks regularly. They can not exceed 1 cm, 1/3 inch.
2. Always burn the candle until the whole surface becomes liquid. This will avoid the candle to hollow and preserve its exceptional quality. (It can take a long time at first burning when the wax is hard)
3. Dark smoke after some hours burning means the wicks are too long. It is time to put out the candle.
4. Five minutes after putting out the candle and before the wax is totally solid, reposition the wicks vertically to their initial place.
5. Regularly clean the inside of the candle to avoid the appearance of soot.
6. Never burn the last centimeter, 1/2 inch of wax to avoid wicks burning against the glass/metal.
- Do not leave a candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not ingest.
- Be sure the candleholder is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents.Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down.
- Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container.
- Never extinguish candles with water.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Never use a candle as a night light.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers repeatedly, or the flame becomes too high. The container may become very hot after a long burning period.