THE GOLDEN RULES
To burn a candle requires some guidance, the house Cire Trudon who supplied the finest French castles and mainly Château de Versailles reveals its secrets.
The choice of its placement is crucial. Place your candle where it will shine the most and follow these simple rules:
1. To enjoy your candle to the most, we recommend you to burn your candle until the entire surface is liquid.
2. Do not burn your candle more than 3 hours at a time during the first third of the candle and 1 to 2 hours at a time for the rest.
3. Never leave a candle burning unattended. Place your candle away from drafts. Keep your candles out of reach of your children, curtains and pets.
4. If the wick is off-center, gently replace and recenter it when the wax is still molten.
5. If smoke appears, cut the wick. It must always be clean and should not exceed more than 6mm.
6. Protégez la surface sur laquelle est posée votre bougie (avec une assiette ou un plateau par exemple).
6. Protect the surface on which rests your candle (with a plate or tray, for example).
7. To protect the glass, do not burn your candle until the end, always leave at least 0.2 inch of unmelted wax.